Galena Park is located right outside of Houston and is a great place for families. There are plenty of kid friendly activities to keep them entertained. For example, The Pirate Ship at Galena Park is a great place for kids of all ages. They will love the chance to pretend to be a pirate for a day and explore the ship. Another great activity is visiting the Kemah Boardwalk. This is a great place to walk around, eat some good food, and ride some fun rides. The Boardwalk also has a variety of shops and stores for kids to explore. Lastly, another great kid friendly activity in Galena Park is visiting the San Jacinto Monument and Museum. This is a great place to learn about Texas history and see the tallest stone column in the world.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Galena Park, Texas
provided by a local Galena Park resident:
1. Visit the Galena Park Branch Library. The Galena Park Branch Library offers a variety of kid-friendly programs and activities, including story time, crafts, and a youth book club.
2. Play at Marshall Jacks Park. Marshall Jacks Park is a great place to take the kids for a day of fun. The park features a playground, a picnic area, and a walking trail.
3. Go fishing at the San Jacinto River. The San Jacinto River is a great place to go fishing with the kids. The river is stocked with catfish, bass, and perch.
4. Attend a movie night at the Galena Park Community Center. The Galena Park Community Center occasionally hosts movie nights for the community. Check the center’s website or Facebook page for upcoming events.
5. Visit the Galena Park Farmer’s Market. The Galena Park Farmer’s Market takes place every Saturday morning from 8am to noon. The market features fresh produce, baked goods, and local crafts.
6. Explore the Galena Park Museum. The Galena Park Museum is a great place to take the kids to learn about the history of the area. The museum offers a variety of exhibits and also hosts special events throughout the year.
7. Play mini golf at Putt-Putt Golf and Games. Putt-Putt Golf and Games is a great place to take the kids for a day of fun. The facility features an 18-hole mini golf course, an arcade, and a laser tag arena.
8. Attend a family fun night at the Galena Park YMCA. The Galena Park YMCA occasionally hosts family fun nights, which are open to the community. Check the YMCA’s website or Facebook page for upcoming events.
9. Go for a swim at the Galena Park swimming pool. The Galena Park swimming pool is a great place to take the kids for a day of fun in the sun. The pool features a shallow wading area for small children, a diving board, and a water slide.
10. Take a walk or ride your bike on the Galena Park hike and bike trail. The Galena Park hike and bike trail is a great place to get some fresh air and exercise. The trail is 7 miles long and goes through some of the city’s most scenic areas.