Looking for something fun to do with the kiddos in Galena, Ohio? There’s plenty of activities to keep them busy! For starters, take them on a tour of the historic grounds at the Gluten Ridge Nature Preserve. They can explore the hiking trails, go fishing in the pond, and see all sorts of animals in their natural habitat. If your kids are into cars, Galena is also home to the National Automotive and Truck Museum. They can learn all about the history of the automobile and see some of the most classic cars ever made. There’s also the Liberty Aviation Museum where they can see WWII aircrafts and learn about the brave men and women who fought for our freedom. Lastly, no trip to Galena would be complete without a visit to the J.F. Kennedy Memorial which commemorates the life and legacy of the 35th President of the United States.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Galena, Ohio
1. Galena Ghost Walks- This is a guided tour ofgalena where you will learn about the town’s haunted history.
2. Cross the Line- zipline adventure course that is great for families.
3. Mohican State Park- A great place to hike, camp, and enjoy the outdoors.
4. Tree Frog Canopy Tours- Another great zip lining adventure course.
5. The Copper Dragon- A family friendlybrewery where you can enjoy a variety of beers and ciders.
6. The Chocolate Cafe- A must stop for any chocolate lover, enjoy fresh made chocolates and other sweets.
7. The Fruit Basket- A unique store that specializes in fresh fruit arrangements.
8. The Galena Country Sheriff’s Office- A great place to tour and learn about the history of law enforcement in the area.
9. The Galena History Museum- A wonderful place to learn about the rich history of Galena.
10. The Galena Gazette- A great newspaper that covers all the happenings in Galena.