There is so much for families to enjoy in Gaeta, Italy! The beautiful coastline offers plenty of opportunities for watersports, sunbathing and swimming, and there are several kid-friendly beaches to choose from. away from the beach, families can explore the medieval castle, cliffside gardens and the many shops and restaurants in the old town. A short boat trip across to the nearby island of Ischia is also a great option for a day trip. Families with young kids will find plenty to keep them busy in Gaeta!
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Gaeta, Italy
1. Visit the Aragonese Castle: The Aragonese Castle is a beautiful medieval castle located on a rocky promontory in Gaeta. It is one of the most popular tourist attractions in the city and offers stunning views of the Tyrrhenian Sea.
2. Take a dip in the Bay of Naples: The Bay of Naples is one of the most beautiful and popular beaches in Italy. It is located just a short drive from Gaeta and offers crystal clear water and stunning views.
3. Visit the Gaeta Cathedral: The Gaeta Cathedral is a beautiful Gothic cathedral located in the city center. It is one of the most important religious landmarks in the city and offers visitors a look at some of the finest architecture in the country.
4. stroll through the old city: The old city of Gaeta is a beautiful and historic district that is home to a number of important landmarks. Visitors can stroll through the streets and take in the sights and sounds of this wonderful area.
5. Check out the Roman ruins: Gaeta is home to a number of Roman ruins, which are scattered throughout the city. These ruins offer visitors a glimpse into the past and are a great way to learn about the history of the city.
6. Sample the local cuisine: Gaeta is home to a number of excellent restaurants that serve up delicious local cuisine. Visitors can sample some of the best food in the city and experience the unique flavors of the region.
7. Go for a hike: Gaeta is located in a beautiful and scenic area that is perfect for hiking. There are a number of trails located throughout the city and visitors can enjoy a leisurely stroll or a more challenging hike.
8. Visit the Museum of the Sea: The Museum of the Sea is a must-see for anyone interested in learning about the history of Gaeta. The museum is located on the waterfront and offers a look at the city’s maritime past.
9. Take a boat ride: Gaeta is located on the Tyrrhenian Sea and offers a number of boat tours that allow visitors to see the city from a different perspective. These tours are a great way to learn about the city and its history.
10. Relax on the beach: Gaeta is home to a number of excellent beaches that are perfect for relaxing and enjoying the sun and the sea. Visitors can sunbathe, swim, or just enjoy the sounds and smells of the ocean.