Gabbs is a small town in Nevada with a population of just over 200 people. The town is situated in a valley surrounded by mountains and is home to the Toiyabe National Forest. While there are not many kid-friendly things to do in Gabbs itself, the town is a great place to use as a base for exploring the surrounding area. Within an hour’s drive of Gabbs are the cities of Reno and Las Vegas, both of which offer a variety of activities for families with children.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Gabbs, Nevada
1. Visit the Gabbs School and Museum to learn about the history of the small town.
2. take a walk or bike ride through the beautiful Walker River Canyon
3. Have a picnic lunch at one of the many scenic locations nearby
4. Go fishing in the Walker River
5. Visit the ancient petroglyphs at Grimes Point
6. Go for a swim in Lake Lahontan
7. Take a scenic drive through the Nevada desert
8. Visit the Berlin-Ichthyosaur State Park
9. Go stargazing in the clear Nevada night sky
10. Play 18 holes at the Gabbs Valley Golf Course