Fuentes del Valle is a great place for kids! There are plenty of activities to keep them busy, and the scenery is beautiful. The town is located in the Sierra Madre Mountains, and there are plenty of hiking trails and waterfalls to explore. The town is also home to a number of traditional Mexican markets and restaurants, so kids can experience the culture and the food.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Fuentes Del Valle, Mexico
1. Visit the Museo de las Momias – The Museum of the Mummies is a must-see for any visitor to Fuentes del Valle. This museum is home to over 100 naturally mummified bodies, which were preserved by the dry conditions of the local climate. The mummies are on display in glass cases, and many of them are still wearing the clothes they were buried in. The museum also has a giftshop selling mummy-themed souvenirs.
2. Take a hike – Fuentes del Valle is located in the Sierra Madre Oriental mountain range, so there are plenty of hiking opportunities in the area. There are easy trails suitable for children, as well as more challenging routes for experienced hikers.
3. Go horseback riding – Horseback riding is a great way to explore the beautiful scenery of Fuentes del Valle. There are several companies in the area that offer horseback riding tours, and many of them will pick you up right from your hotel.
4. Visit the waterfalls – Fuentes del Valle is home to several waterfalls, including the Cascada de los Aluxes, the Cascada del Salto del Toro, and the Cascada de la Torrentilla. These waterfalls are all located within a short drive of the town center, and they make for a great day trip.
5. Explore the caves – There are several caves in the area that are open to the public, and they make for a fun and unique experience. The Cueva de los Infantes is a small cave that was used as a burial site by the ancient Maya, and the Cueva del Diablo is a large cave with a lake inside.
6. Visit the Zoo – The Zoo is located just outside of Fuentes del Valle, and it is home to a wide variety of animals, including lions, tigers, and bears. The zoo also has a reptile house, a bird sanctuary, and a petting zoo.
7. Go fishing – Fuentes del Valle is located in the middle of a man-made lake, so there are plenty of opportunities for fishing. There are several companies that offer fishing tours, and you can also rent a boat and go fishing on your own.
8. Take a cooking class – A cooking class is a great way to learn about the local cuisine, and it can be a lot of fun for kids. There are several cooking schools in Fuentes del Valle, and many of them offer classes for kids.
9. Visit the Butterfly Sanctuary – The Butterfly Sanctuary is located just outside of town, and it is home to over 100 species of butterflies. The sanctuary also has a gift shop and a cafe, and it is a great place to learn about the local ecosystem.
10. Go on a safari – There are several safari companies that offer tours of the Fuentes del Valle area, and they are a great way to see the local wildlife.