There is plenty to do in Front Royal for the kiddos! Take them to explore the habitats at the Virginia Museum of Natural History, where they can learn all about the Commonwealth’s rich history and ecology. For a more hands-on experience, visit the Shenandoah National Park for a day of hiking and picnicking. Or, take them on a scenic drive down Skyline Drive for some breathtaking views. And don’t forget to stop by Riverton Park for a playground break!
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Front Royal, Virginia
1. Visit the Frontier Culture Museum for a look at American frontier life.
2. Take a scenic drive down Skyline Drive.
3. Visit Shenandoah National Park for hiking, picnicking, and wildlife watching.
4. Go tubing or rafting down the Shenandoah River.
5. Play mini golf at one of the local courses.
6. Visit the Edinburg Mill for a look at early American gristmill technology.
7. Take a horse-drawn carriage ride through town.
8. Visit the Virginia Museum of the Civil War for a look at the history of the Civil War in Virginia.
9. Check out the local shops and restaurants.
10. Visit the Izaak Walton League Wildlife Sanctuary for a look at local wildlife.