If you’re looking for kid friendly things to do in Fries, Virginia, you’ve come to the right place! There are plenty of activities to keep little ones entertained in this historic town. For starters, take a stroll down Main Street to see the historic buildings and learn about the town’s rich history. The local library is also a great place to take kids, as they offer story times and various children’s programs. If your kids are into the outdoors, head to New River for fishing, hiking, and picnicking. Whatever your interests, you’re sure to find something to do in Fries, Virginia that the whole family will enjoy!
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Fries, Virginia
1. Visit the New River Trail. The New River Trail is a 57-mile long multi-use rail trail that winds its way along the New River from Galax, Virginia to Pulaski, Virginia. The trail is popular with hikers, bikers, and horseback riders. Along the trail, there are numerous camping sites, picnic areas, and fishing spots.
2. Take a scenic drive along the New River Valley. The New River Valley is a beautiful and scenic drive that follows the New River for miles. The drive takes you through small towns and rural areas, and offers many great photo opportunities.
3. Visit the W.E.B. DuBois Museum. The W.E.B. DuBois Museum is a small museum located in Fries, Virginia that is dedicated to the life and work of African-American scholar and civil rights leader W.E.B. DuBois. The museum features a few exhibits on DuBois’ life and work, as well as a small library.
4. Take a hike in the Jefferson National Forest. The Jefferson National Forest is a large protected forest that covers over 1.8 million acres in Virginia and West Virginia. The forest is home to a wide variety of plant and animal life, and offers many great hiking trails.
5. Go fishing in the New River. The New River is a great place to fish for a variety of fish species, including bass, catfish, and trout. There are many public fishing spots along the river, or you can go on a guided fishing trip.
6. Visit the Mayo River State Park. The Mayo River State Park is a small state park located along the Mayo River in Virginia. The park offers a variety of activities, including hiking, picnicking, and fishing. There is also a small Visitor Center with exhibits on the history and ecology of the area.
7. Take a scenic drive along the Blue Ridge Parkway. The Blue Ridge Parkway is a 469-mile long scenic highway that winds its way through the Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia and North Carolina. The Parkway offers stunning views of the mountains, and is a great place to take a leisurely drive.
8. Visit the Virginia Safari Park. The Virginia Safari Park is a large wildlife park located in Natural Bridge, Virginia. The park is home to over 180 species of animals, and visitors can drive through the park to see the animals.
9. Go swimming in the New River. The New River is a great place to take a dip on a hot summer day. There are many public swimming areas along the river, or you can go to one of the local state parks that offer swimming facilities.
10. Visit the King’s Dominion amusement park. King’s Dominion is a large amusement park located in Doswell, Virginia. The park features over 70 rides, including roller coasters, water rides, and kids rides. There is also a large water park, an animal park, and a variety of shops and restaurants.