There are endless kid friendly things to do in Frederica, Delaware! For the outdoorsy family, there is kayaking, fishing, and crabbing in the Delaware Bay. For the history buffs, there is the First State Heritage Park, where they can learn all about the history of Delaware. There are also many museums, such as the Biggs Museum of American Art and the Delaware Museum of Natural History. And let’s not forget about the Delaware State Fair, which is a summertime favorite for families!
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Frederica, Delaware
1. Visit the Frederica Maritime Museum to learn about the town’s maritime history and see displays of shipbuilding and nautical equipment.
2. Stroll down Main Street to see the historic houses and buildings, many of which date back to the 18th and 19th centuries.
3. Take a wagon or carriage ride around town to see the sights and learn more about Frederica’s history.
4. Visit the Fort Frederica National Monument to learn about the 18th-century fort that was built here and see the remains of the fortifications.
5. Spend some time at the Frederica Park, where you can picnic, play on the playground, or just relax in the lush green space.
6. canoe or kayak down the Frederica River, which winds through the town and offers beautiful views of the surrounding area.
7. Take a fishing charter out on the Delaware Bay to try your hand at catching striped bass, flounder, or other saltwater fish.
8. Play a round of golf at the Frederica Golf Club, a picturesque course that winds through the town.
9. Visit the Richard A. Bennett Heritage Farm to see a working farm and learn about the agricultural history of the area.
10. Stop by the James T. Whyte House Museum to see a beautifully restored Victorian home and learn about life in Frederica in the late 19th century.