Franklinton is a great place for kids! There are many kid friendly things to do in the area. The first thing that comes to mind is the Kids Zone at the local park. This is a fenced in area with playground equipment and a water feature that is perfect for cooling off on hot days. There is also a walking trail and a picnic area nearby, making it a great place to spend an afternoon.
If you are looking for something a little more active, Franklinton is home to several different youth sports leagues. There are also several nearby tennis courts and swimming pools. For those looking for a more educational activity, the local library offers a variety of programs for kids of all ages. Lastly, Franklinton is home to several family-friendly restaurants, making it a great place to grab a bite to eat.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Franklinton, North Carolina
1. Visit the North Carolina Museum of Natural Sciences – The North Carolina Museum of Natural Sciences is a great place to learn about the natural history of North Carolina. The museum has exhibits on dinosaurs, fossils, animals, and plants. There is also an aquarium and a planetarium.
2. Play at the Franklinton Railroad Museum – The Franklinton Railroad Museum is a great place for kids to learn about the history of railroads in North Carolina. The museum has exhibits on locomotives, railroad cars, and model trains.
3. hiking – Hiking is a great way to get outside and explore the beauty of North Carolina. There are many hiking trails in Franklinton, and they vary in difficulty.
4. fishing – Fishing is a great way to relax and enjoy the outdoors. There are many lakes and streams in Franklinton where you can fish.
5. canoeing – Canoeing is a great way to explore the lakes and rivers of North Carolina. There are many canoe rental companies in Franklinton.
6. picnicking – Picnicking is a great way to enjoy a meal outdoors. There are many picnic areas in Franklinton, and they vary in size.
7. playing in the park – There are many parks in Franklinton, and they offer a variety of activities for kids. playgrounds, basketball courts, hiking trails, and more.
8. visiting the library – The library is a great place to go to find books, movies, and other resources. The library also has a variety of events for kids.
9. attending a Franklinton event – There are many events that take place in Franklinton throughout the year. These events include festivals, concerts, and more.
10. exploring downtown – Downtown Franklinton is a great place to walk around and explore. There are many shops, restaurants, and businesses.