Franklinton is a small town in central Louisiana with a population of just over 3,000 people. Despite its small size, there are plenty of kid-friendly things to do in Franklinton. For starters, the Bogue Chitto Water Park is a great place to cool off in the summer months. The park has a lazy river, several slides, and a Splash Pad area for younger children. If you’re looking for something a bit more educational, the Louisiana Rural Heritage Center is a great place to learn about the state’s agricultural history. The center offers tours, educational programs, and a chance to see some of the resident animals, including goats, chickens, and rabbits. Franklinton is also home to two museums – the conflicting accounts of the Acadian Expulsion from the area are featured at the Cajun Museum, while the local history and culture are on display at the E.J. Lionnet Sr. Franklinton Museum. For a fun day out, head to Christwood Retirement Community for a game of golf, or take a stroll through the scenic cemeteries. With so much to offer, Franklinton is a great place to visit with kids of all ages.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Franklinton, Louisiana
1. Take a stroll through the historic downtown area and check out the unique shops and galleries.
2. Visit the Cajun Village and learn about the culture and heritage of the area.
3. Head to the parish fairgrounds and enjoy the rides, games, and food.
4. Go fishing or crabbing in one of the many waterways in the area.
5. Take a scenic drive through the Atchafalaya Basin and stop at one of the many lookout points.
6. Visit the Atchafalaya National Heritage Area and learn about the ecology and history of the area.
7. Attend a performance at the Franklinton Performing Arts Center.
8. Go on a nature hike through one of the many parks in the area.
9. Play a round of golf at one of the local golf courses.
10. Visit the Audubon Zoo or the Louisiana Children’s Museum.