Franklin is a beautiful, historic town in Virginia that is perfect for a family vacation. There are plenty of kid-friendly activities to keep your little ones entertained. Visit the Franklin Library, where they can choose from a variety of books to read. Or, take a walk through the historic district and learn about the town’s rich history. For some outdoor fun, rent a canoe or kayak and explore the gorgeous waterways. And, of course, no trip to Franklin would be complete without a visit to the Zucchini Festival, where you can purchase fresh, locally grown produce.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Franklin, Virginia
1. Visit the Franklin Farmer’s Market – The Franklin Farmer’s Market is a great place to get fresh, local produce. There is also a variety of other vendors selling items such as handmade goods, baked goods, and more. The market is open every Saturday from 8am-12pm.
2. Go for a hike at Blackwater Creek Trail – The Blackwater Creek Trail is a great place to go for a hike or a bike ride. The trail is 12 miles long and goes through some beautiful scenic areas.
3. Visit the Franklin Heritage Museum – The Franklin Heritage Museum is a great place to learn about the history of Franklin. The museum has a variety of exhibits, a gift shop, and more.
4.Play at the park – There are a number of parks in Franklin that are great for kids to play at. Some of the parks have playgrounds, picnic areas, and more.
5. Go fishing at Smith Mountain Lake – Smith Mountain Lake is a great place to go fishing. There are a number of different types of fish that can be caught, and the lake is also great for swimming and boating.
6. Attend a Franklin Braves baseball game – The Franklin Braves are a minor league baseball team that plays in the Appalachian League. Braves games are a lot of fun, and they often have promotions and giveaways.
7. Visit the Humane Society of Franklin – The Humane Society of Franklin is a great place to visit if you love animals. They have a variety of animals that are available for adoption, and they also have a number of events and programs.
8. Go to theFranklin Drive-In Movie Theater – The Franklin Drive-In Movie Theater is a great place to see a movie. They show a variety of movies, and you can watch them from the comfort of your car.
9. Participate in a Franklin Recreation Department program – The Franklin Recreation Department offers a variety of different programs for kids. Some of the programs include sports, arts and crafts, and more.
10. Visit the Franklin Public Library – The Franklin Public Library is a great place to go to read, learn, and explore. The library has a number of different books, magazines, and other materials.