Franklin is a great place for kids! There are many things to do that are both fun and educational. The Maine State Museum is a great place to start, especially if your kids are history buffs. The museum has many interactive exhibits that are sure to keep your kids entertained. Kids can also explore the sprawling grounds of the museum, which are home to a variety of animals.
For kids who love the great outdoors, Franklin has plenty to offer. Franklin Falls is a great place to hike and explore, and the kids will love playing in the waterfalls. The park also has a playground, picnic areas, and a variety of other activities to keep kids entertained.
If your kids are looking for a more unique experience, they can check out the Franklin Public Library. The library offers a variety of programs and events for kids, and it’s always a great place to curl up with a good book.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Franklin, Maine
1. Visit the Flagstaff Lake Public Reserved Land for a picnic lunch and a swim.
2. Climb Mt. Megunticook for stunning views of the Camden Hills.
3. Take a scenic boat ride on Moosehead Lake.
4. Visit the Maine State Museum in Augusta for a day of learning.
5. Drive up to the top of Mt. Katahdin for panoramic views of the Baxter State Park.
6. Go on a hike through the beautiful Grafton Notch State Park.
7. canoe or kayak down the Androscoggin River.
8. Spend a day at the beach at Rangeley Lake State Park.
9. Visit theroscoggin River where you can try your hand at fishing.
10. Take a scenic drive through the White Mountains to experience the fall foliage.