Franklin, Louisiana, is a charming and historic city located on the banks of the beautiful Bayou Teche. The city is home to a variety of kid-friendly attractions, including the Bayou Teche Museum, the St. Mary Parish Courthouse, and the Franklin Gateway Visitor Center. The Bayou Teche Museum offers a variety of interactive exhibits and activities that are perfect for kids of all ages. The St. Mary Parish Courthouse is a historic landmark that offers tours of the courthouse and its grounds. The Franklin Gateway Visitor Center is a great place to learn about the history of the city and the surrounding area. There are also a number of parks and playgrounds located throughout the city, making it the perfect place to spend a day with your family.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Franklin, Louisiana
1. Visit the Tabasco Factory & Museum – The Tabasco Factory & Museum is a lively and educational attraction for kids of all ages. Learn about the history and production of this world-famous hot sauce, and take a tour of the factory to see how it’s made. Be sure to stop by the gift shop to pick up some souvenirs!
2. Take a Swamp Tour – Experience the Louisiana bayou up close on a swamp tour. Kids will love getting an up-close look at alligators, turtles, and other wildlife. Many tour companies offer kid-friendly tours with educational components.
3. Visit the Pontchartrain Wildlife Sanctuary – The Pontchartrain Wildlife Sanctuary is a great place to take the kids for a day of nature exploration. Hike the trails, go fishing, or take a stroll through the butterfly garden.
4. Visit the Global Wildlife Center – The Global Wildlife Center is a must-see for animal lovers of all ages. See over 4,000 animals from all over the world, and take a safari-style tour through the park.
5. Take a Plantation Tour – Louisiana is known for its historic plantations, and there are several that offer tours specifically for kids. Learn about the state’s plantation history and see what life was like for the people who lived and worked on these plantations.
6. Visit the Louisiana Children’s Museum – The Louisiana Children’s Museum is a great place for kids to learn and play. With interactive exhibits and a variety of educational programs, there’s something for everyone at this museum.
7. Take a Train Ride – All aboard! The Franklin Rodeo Express is a kid-friendly train that takes riders on a tour of the city. See the sights and learn about the history of Franklin while enjoying a fun ride on the train.
8. Visit the Franklin Cemetery – The Franklin Cemetery is a fascinating place to explore. Take a walking tour to see the historic graves, and learn about the people who have been laid to rest here.
9. Go Fishing – Franklin is a great place to go fishing, and there are several spots that are perfect for kids. Rent a boat or cast a line from the shore, and enjoy a day of fishing with the whole family.
10. Visit the Farmer’s Market – The Franklin Farmer’s Market is a great place to get fresh, local produce. Kids will love picking out their favorite fruits and vegetables, and the whole family can enjoy a delicious picnic lunch.