Fort Loramie is a small town in Shelby County, Ohio, United States. The population was 1,037 at the 2010 census. It is part of the Dayton Metropolitan Statistical Area. The town is home to the annual Fort Loramie Pumpkin Festival, which is held the last full weekend of September.
There are many kid friendly things to do in Fort Loramie. The town has two parks, both with playground equipment. The Fort Loramie Swimming Pool is open to the public during the summer months. The pool has a diving board and a slides. For those looking for a challenge, the town has a nine-hole golf course. The Fort Loramie Little League fields are also available for use.
The town has a variety of shops and restaurants. The Fort Loramie Dari-ette is a local favorite for ice cream. The Village Peddler offers a variety of goods, including local honey and homemade jams. The Shelby County Historical Society Museum is located in Fort Loramie and is free to the public.
Those looking for a more active adventure can take a hike on the Fort Loramie Canalhike Trail. The trailhead is located on South Main Street and the hike is about four miles long. The trail follows the old Miami-Erie Canal and passes by several historical landmarks.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Fort Loramie, Ohio
1. Visit the Fort Loramie Museum: The Fort Loramie Museum is a great place to learn about the history of the area and the people who have lived here. The museum is located in the old fort site and has a variety of exhibits to view.
2. Go hiking at the Loramie State Nature Preserve: The Loramie State Nature Preserve is a great place to go hiking and explore the outdoors. The preserve has a variety of trails to choose from and is a great place to see a variety of wildlife.
3. Go fishing at Lake Loramie: Lake Loramie is a great place to go fishing. The lake is stocked with a variety of fish and is a great place to fish from the shore or from a boat.
4. Visit the Fort Loramie Historic Landmark: The Fort Loramie Historic Landmark is a great place to learn about the history of the fort. The landmark is located on the old fort site and has a variety of exhibits to view.
5. Go swimming at the Fort Loramie Municipal Pool: The Fort Loramie Municipal Pool is a great place to go swimming. The pool is open to the public and has a variety of amenities to enjoy.
6. Play golf at the Fort Loramie Golf Course: The Fort Loramie Golf Course is a great place to play golf. The course is open to the public and is a great place to play a round of golf.
7. Visit the Fort Loramie Library: The Fort Loramie Library is a great place to go to read or do research. The library has a variety of resources available and is a great place to spend a day.
8. Go biking at the Fort Loramie Bike Trail: The Fort Loramie Bike Trail is a great place to go biking. The trail is a great place to explore the outdoors and is a great place to get some exercise.
9. Have a picnic at the Fort Loramie Picnic Area: The Fort Loramie Picnic Area is a great place to have a picnic. The picnic area has a variety of picnic tables and is a great place to enjoy a meal.
10. Play at the Fort Loramie Playground: The Fort Loramie Playground is a great place for kids to play. The playground has a variety of play equipment and is a great place to spend a day.