Fonseca is a municipality located in the Department of La Guajira, in the Colombian Caribbean. On its coast is the Gorgona National Natural Park. The municipality is 22 km from the capital of the department, Riohacha. In addition to the protected area of the natural park, the municipality has several protected areas such as the Hacienda El Ciego, the Curralito Lagoon and the Caño Curralito. The area is also home to indigenous communities such as the Wayuu, who have their own customs and traditions.
The municipality has several tourist attractions such as the Punta Galera Beach, the Ojo de Agua Beach, the Punta Gallinera Lighthouse and the El Ciego Hacienda. In addition, there are several hiking trails and bird watching opportunities.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Fonseca, Colombia
1. Visit the Piedra del Sol, a colossal statue of the sun god.
2. marvel at the natural beauty of El Chorro Falls.
3. explore the Cuevas de los Guácharos, a system of caves.
4. take a dip in the thermal baths at Termales de Santa Rosa de Cabal.
5. go ziplining at Parque Arví.
6. learn about Colombia’s rich history at the Museum of Gold.
7. take a tour of the colonial city of Santa Fe de Antioquia.
8. have a blast at Parque Mundo Aventura, an amusement park.
9. try your hand at fishing in the Cauca River.
10. enjoy the views from atop Cerro de las three Cruces, a hill in the city.