Fonda, New York is a quaint, little town located in the heart of the Mohawk Valley. The town is home to a variety of kid-friendly activities, including the Annual Fonda Fair, which is one of the largest and most popular fairs in New York State. The fair offers a variety of rides, games, and attractions, as well as a variety of food options. Other kid-friendly activities in Fonda include the Canajoharie Library and Art Center, which offer a variety of classes and programs for children, and the Canajoharie historical sites, which offer a variety of educational opportunities for children.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Fonda, New York
1. Visit the Floyd Bennett Memorial Airport. This small airport is great for kids who love airplanes and aviation. There are often flight demonstrations and opportunities to tour the hangars.
2. Go fishing at Dyken Pond Environmental Education Center. This spot is perfect for a relaxing day of fishing with the family. There is a playground on site for the kids to enjoy as well.
3. Take a walk or go for a hike at John Boyd Thacher State Park. This state park has miles of trails to explore, perfect for a family hike. There are also several scenic spots to enjoy a picnic lunch.
4. Visit the Amsterdam Railroad Museum. This museum is dedicated to the history of the railroad in Amsterdam, New York. Kids will love exploring the vintage locomotives and cars on display.
5. Go for a swim at Canajoharie Pool. This outdoor pool is open during the summer months and is a great place to cool off on a hot day. There is a diving board and slides for the kids to enjoy as well.
6. Play a round of mini golf at Indian Meadows Mini Golf. This 18-hole mini golf course is perfect for a family outing. Kids will love trying to get a hole-in-one on the challenging holes.
7. Take a ride on the Canajoharie Creek Water Wheel. This water wheel is a replica of the one that was used to power the Erie Canal in the 1800s. Kids can watch it in action and even ride on it themselves.
8. Check out the Ephratah Windmill. This historic windmill is a great spot for photos and kids will love learning about how it was used to grind grain.
9. Visit the Fort Plain Museum. This museum is dedicated to the history of the Mohawk Valley region. Kids will love exploring the exhibits and learning about the area’s past.
10. Go apple picking at one of the many local farms. Fall is the perfect time to go apple picking with the family. There are many farms in the area that offer this fun activity.