Looking for fun things to do with the kids in Follansbee, West Virginia? There’s plenty to keep them busy! For starters, take them to Mountaineer Lanes for a few rounds of bowling. If the weather is nice, be sure to check out Blenko Glass Company for a tour of the factory and some hands-on glass blowing. For the adventurous, there’s always zip-lining and rock climbing at Off Road Adventures. And for a taste of history, take them to the Follansbee Community House to see the interactive exhibit on the town’s history.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Follansbee, West Virginia
1. Visit the Follansbee Community House. The Community House is a historic building that was once used as a schoolhouse. It now houses a museum, library, and community center. The Community House is a great place to learn about the history of Follansbee and the surrounding area.
2. Take a walk or bike ride through North Park. North Park is a large park located in the center of Follansbee. The park has a playground, picnic areas, and a walking trail.
3. Visit the Follansbee Farmers Market. The Farmers Market is held every Saturday from May through October. The market features fresh, local produce, baked goods, and handcrafted items.
4. Tour the Brooke County Museum. The Brooke County Museum is housed in the old Brooke County Courthouse. The museum features exhibits on the history of Brooke County and the city of Follansbee.
5. Visit the Follansbee Steel Mill. The Steel Mill is a historic steel mill located in Follansbee. The mill is open for tours on Saturday mornings.
6. Attend a performance at the Follansbee Community Theatre. The Community Theatre is a small theatre located in the Community House. The theatre presents live performances throughout the year.
7. Visit the Follansbee Art Center. The Art Center is located in the Community House and features rotating exhibitions of local artists.
8. Browse the shops on Main Street. Main Street is the main shopping district in Follansbee. Main Street is home to a variety of shops, including a grocery store, a hardware store, and several boutiques.
9. Attend a event at the Follansbee Park Pavilion. The Park Pavilion is a large outdoor pavilion located in North Park. The pavilion is used for a variety of events throughout the year, including concerts, festivals, and fairs.
10. Go fishing at one of the city’s three lakes. Follansbee is home to three lakes: Lake Elizabeth, Lake Margaret, and Lake George. All three lakes are open to the public for fishing.