Florencia is a small town in Cuba that is known for its charming streets and colourful buildings. While there are not many tourist attractions in Florencia, there are plenty of kid-friendly activities to keep little ones entertained. The town square is a great place to start, as there is plenty of space for kids to run around and explore. The nearby church is also worth a visit, as it is one of the most beautiful buildings in the town. If your children are looking for something more active, there are several parks in Florencia that are perfect for exploring. The La Minerva Park is particularly lovely, and it has a playground and a pond where children can feed the ducks. Finally, no visit to Florencia would be complete without stopping by one of the town’s many ice cream shops. The ice cream here is some of the best in Cuba, and it’s sure to please even the pickiest of eaters.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Florencia, Cuba
1. Visit the local museums. Florencia is home to a number of museums that are perfect for kids. The Museum of Fine Arts, the Museum of Archaeology, and the Museum of the Revolution are all great choices.
2. Go on a horse-drawn carriage ride. This is a great way to see the city and it’s a lot of fun for kids.
3. Visit Parque XVI April. This park is located in the center of the city and it’s a great place for kids to run around and play.
4. Take a boat ride on the Rio Canimar. This is a great way to see the city from the water and it’s also a lot of fun for kids.
5. Visit the local zoo. The zoo is located on the outskirts of the city and it’s a great place to spend a day with the kids.
6. Go to the beach. Florencia is home to a number of great beaches, so it’s a perfect place to take the kids for a day of fun in the sun.
7. Take a walk through the Plaza de Armas. This is the main square in the city and it’s a great place to people watch with the kids.
8. Visit the Cathedral of San Cristobal. This is a beautiful church located in the center of the city and it’s definitely worth a visit with the kids.
9. Take a ride on the Ferris wheel. This is a great way to get a birds eye view of the city and it’s also a lot of fun for kids.
10. Go on a guided tour. There are a number of different guided tours available in Florencia and they’re a great way to learn about the city and its history.