Flensburg is a charming city located in the very north of Germany, right on the Danish border. It is known for its maritime atmosphere and its excellent shopping opportunities. Flensburg also has a lot to offer for families with children. The following are some kid-friendly activities in Flensburg that your family will surely enjoy:
The harbor is always a great place to start exploring a new city. In Flensburg, the harbor is particularly lovely and also very family-friendly. There are several playgrounds along the water, a pirate ship to explore, and plenty of benches for relaxing and taking in the scenery.
If your family enjoys being active, there are several great options for hiking and biking in and around Flensburg. One highlight is the Alte Landbrücke, an old bridge that spans a river near the city center. The views from the bridge are stunning, and it’s a great place to take a break and have a picnic lunch.
Flensburg is also home to a number of museums that will be of interest to kids. The St. Nicholas Church Museum, for example, tells the story of the Flensburg witch trials of the 16th century. The museum is housed in a former church, and it’s interactive and engaging for kids of all ages.
Of course, no trip to Flensburg would be complete without some time spent shopping. The city is known for its excellent shopping, and there are plenty of stores that cater to families with kids. In the pedestrian-only streets of the city center, you’ll find toy stores, bookstores, and bakeries galore.
Flensburg is a wonderful city for families with kids. There is so much to see and do, and the city has a lovely, welcoming atmosphere. Your family is sure to have a great time exploring all that Flensburg has to offer.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Flensburg, Germany
1.Visit the Förde: The Förde is a shallow inlet of water in the German Baltic Sea that flows from the Kiel Canal into the Bay of Kiel. It is about 12 km long and 2-3 km wide and is a popular spot for swimming, sailing, and fishing.
2.Explore the Marienkirche: The Marienkirche is a Gothic Revival church located in the center of Flensburg. It was built in the 13th century and is one of the most popular tourist attractions in the city. Visitors can climb to the top of the church tower for views of the city and the surrounding area.
3.Visit the Danish border: Flensburg is located on the German-Danish border and visitors can explore both countries while in the city. There are many different sights to see on both sides of the border, including the historic town of Flensburg on the German side and the Danish town of Copenhagen on the other.
4. Swim in the Flensburg Fjord: The Flensburg Fjord is a popular spot for swimming and sunbathing. There are many different beaches to choose from, and visitors can also go fishing, sailing, or windsurfing in the fjord.
5. See the sights from the Flensburg Ferry: The Flensburg Ferry is a cable ferry that crosses the Flensburg Fjord. It is a popular tourist attraction, and visitors can get views of the city and the surrounding area from the ferry.
6. Take a walk through the old town: The old town of Flensburg is a great place to explore on foot. There are many different shops and restaurants to visit, and the streets are lined with historic buildings.
7. Visit the Flensburg Museum: The Flensburg Museum is a history museum located in the city center. It has exhibits on the history of the city and the region, and also has a collection of art and artifacts.
8. Stroll through the Flensburg Botanical Gardens: The Flensburg Botanical Gardens are located on the outskirts of the city. They are a great place to take a walk and see a variety of plants and flowers.
9. Play at the Flensburg Playground: The Flensburg Playground is a large park located in the center of the city. It is a great place for children to play, and there are also many different sports facilities.
10. Have fun at the Flensburg Zoo: The Flensburg Zoo is located on the outskirts of the city. It is a great place to see a variety of animals, and there are also many different rides and attractions.