Flatonia, Texas is a great place for kids! There are plenty of things to do to keep them entertained. The Flatonia Chamber of Commerce sponsors an annual event called “KidsFest” which includes activities like face painting, bounce houses, and more. The city also has a park with a playground, pavilion, and walking trail. For educational fun, take them to the Flatonia Railroad Museum or the AusTex Oil Museum. If they are interested in the arts, there are art classes available at the Flatonia Public Library. And don’t forget about the food! There are several ice cream shops and restaurants that cater to kids.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Flatonia, Texas
1. Take a stroll down Main Street and check out the historic buildings.
2. Visit the Flatonia Railroad Museum and learn about the town’s history.
3. Train watching at the Flatonia Amtrak Station.
4. Have a picnic at Kraus Apple Orchard.
5. Visit the Flatonia Animal Shelter and meet the adorable adoptable pets.
6. Spend an afternoon at Cow Chip Creek Park, where you can splash in the creek, swing on the swings, and play on the playground.
7. Visit the Flatonia Public Library and check out some books.
8. Go for a walk or a bike ride on the Flatonia Nature Trails.
9. Attend a show at the Flatonia Opera House.
10. Get ice cream at Dairy Queen or Palace Theater.