Fenwick Island is a great place for families with young children. There are plenty of kid-friendly activities to keep the little ones entertained. The beach is always a popular spot for families and there are several parks in the area that are perfect for picnics and playing games. The town also has a number of shops and restaurants that cater to families with young children. And if the weather is not cooperating, there are a few indoor play places that are sure to please. No matter what the day brings, families with young children will find plenty to do in Fenwick Island.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Fenwick Island, Delaware
1. Visit Fenwick Island Lighthouse – The Fenwick Island Lighthouse is a beautiful sight. It’s also a great place to learn about the area’s history.
2. Go to the beach – Fenwick Island’s beach is definitely a kid-friendly place. They’ll love swimming, building sandcastles, and looking for shells.
3. Visit the Fenwick Island State Park – The Fenwick Island State Park is a great place to explore. There’s a playground, a nature center, and plenty of hiking trails.
4. Go fishing – Fenwick Island is a great place to go fishing. You can fish from the shore, from a boat, or even from a pier.
5. Check out the Delaware Seashore State Park – The Delaware Seashore State Park is another great place to take the kids. They can enjoy swimming, fishing, and hiking.
6. Visit the Discovery Center at the DuPont Nature Center – The Discovery Center at the DuPont Nature Center is a great place to learn about the environment. There are also plenty of hands-on activities for kids.
7. Play mini golf – Fenwick Island is home to several mini golf courses. This is a great activity for a hot summer day.
8. Ride the roller coasters at Trimper’s Rides – Trimper’s Rides is an amusement park with plenty of kid-friendly rides. The kids will love the roller coasters, bumper cars, and more.
9. See a movie at the drive-in movie theater – Fenwick Island’s drive-in movie theater is a great place to take the kids. They can watch a movie from the comfort of their own car.
10. Get ice cream at one of Fenwick Island’s ice cream shops – Fenwick Island is home to several ice cream shops. This is a great treat after a day of playing at the beach or exploring the state park.