There are many kid friendly activities to do in Farmington, West Virginia. One activity is to go to the Farmington Fair. The Farmington Fair is a community event that happens every August. It features rides, games, live music, and food. Another activity is to go to Little Angie’s Zoo. Little Angie’s Zoo is a petting zoo that has many animals such as goats, pigs, chickens, and rabbits. You can also feed the animals. Another activity is to go to the Historic Wardensville Garden Market. The Historic Wardensville Garden Market is a farmer’s market that happens every Saturday from May to October. You can buy fresh fruits, vegetables, herbs, and flowers. You can also buy baked goods, honey, and jams.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Farmington, West Virginia
1. Visit the Colonelton Inn: The Colonelton Inn is a historic bed and breakfast in Farmington, West Virginia. The Inn has been welcoming guests since 1787 and is located in the heart of the town. The Colonelton Inn is the perfect place to stay while exploring all that Farmington has to offer.
2. Tour the Colonelton Museum: The Colonelton Museum is located in the Colonelton Inn and is a great place to learn about the history of Farmington. The museum features a variety of exhibits on the town’s history, including the founding of the town, the Civil War, and the town’s role in the coal mining industry.
3.Explore the Colonelton Coal Mine: The Colonelton Coal Mine is a historic coal mine located just outside of Farmington. The mine is open for tours and is a great place to learn about the coal mining industry.
4. Visit the Colonelton Nature Center: The Colonelton Nature Center is a great place to learn about the local flora and fauna. The Nature Center offers a variety of programs and activities for kids, including hikes, crafts, and nature walks.
5. Swim at Colonelton Beach: Colonelton Beach is a great place to cool off on a hot summer day. The beach is located on the banks of the Potomac River and offers a variety of amenities, including a playground, picnic tables, and a sand volleyball court.
6. Play at Colonelton Park: Colonelton Park is a large park that offers a variety of activities for kids, including a playground, a basketball court, and a softball field.
7. Take a walk on the Colonelton Walking Trail: The Colonelton Walking Trail is a great way to explore the town. The trail passes by many of the town’s historic landmarks and offers great views of the mountains.
8. Visit the Colonelton Farmers Market: The Colonelton Farmers Market is a great place to buy fresh produce and other local items. The market is open from May through October and is located in the town square.
9. Attend a Coltonton Festival: Coltonton hosts a variety of festivals throughout the year, including the Spring Fling, the Summer Solstice Celebration, and the Fall Festival. These festivals are a great way to experience the town’s culture and meet its friendly residents.
10. Go on a Colonelton Scavenger Hunt: The Colonelton Scavenger Hunt is a great way to explore the town and learn about its history. The Scavenger Hunt takes place every May and is a great way to spend a day with family and friends.