There are many kid friendly things to do in Fairmount, Georgia. Some of the most popular attractions include the Fairmount Aquatic Center, the Fairmount Heritage Park, and the Fairmount Wildlife Sanctuary. The Aquatic Center offers a wide variety of water activities for kids of all ages to enjoy, while the Heritage Park provides a great opportunity to learn about the history of the area. The Wildlife Sanctuary is a great place to see a variety of animals in their natural habitat.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Fairmount, Georgia
1. Visit the Fairmount Historic District for a taste of small-town America. This charming area is full of Victorian-style homes, quaint shops, and friendly locals.
2. Stroll through Fort Wayne, an old fort that is now a public park. The kids will love exploring the old barracks and cannon emplacements.
3. Take a ride on the Fairmount Heritage Rail Trail. This scenic trail winds through the countryside and is perfect for a leisurely family stroll or bike ride.
4. Visit the Fairmount Water Tower, one of the town’s most iconic landmarks. Climb to the top of the tower for stunning views of the surrounding area.
5.Explore the Liberty Bell Museum, which houses one of the country’s replica Liberty Bells. The kids can learn about the history of this important American symbol.
6. Visit Heritage Park, a large public park with plenty of space to run and play. The park also features a pond, playgrounds, and picnic areas.
7. Get up close and personal with some of the town’s friendly critters at the Fairmount Animal Shelter. The shelter is always looking for volunteers to help take care of the animals.
8.Take a trip back in time at the Fairmount Rodeo. This annual event features rodeo performances, a petting zoo, and country music.
9. Learn about the town’s history at the Fairmount History Museum. The museum features exhibits on the town’s founding, its early days as a coal mining town, and its present-day role as a bedroom community for Atlanta.
10. Enjoy a tasty treat at one of Fairmount’s many ice cream shops. The town is home to several popular ice cream parlors, so be sure to try them all!