Fairlea is a great place for kids! There are plenty of things to do to keep them busy. Here are just a few ideas:
The Greenbrier Valley Railroad is a must-do for any kid who loves trains! They offer both passenger and freight service, so your kiddo can see how real trains operate.
The Lewisburg Children’s Museum is a great place to take your kids to learn and explore. They have interactive exhibits on a variety of topics, plus a play area for the little ones.
The West Virginia State Fair is held every August in Fairlea. It’s a great way for kids to experience a traditional fair, with rides, games, food, and more.
If your kids are into sports, they can join one of the many youth leagues in Fairlea. Soccer, baseball, basketball, and football are all popular options.
And of course, there are plenty of parks and playgrounds around Fairlea for kids to explore and burn off some energy. So pack a picnic and head out to enjoy the day!
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Fairlea, West Virginia
1. The Greenbrier River Trail is a 78-mile long trail that goes through some of the most scenic parts of West Virginia. It’s popular with hikers, bicyclists, and horseback riders.
2. The Cass Scenic Railroad State Park offers visitors the chance to ride an old-fashioned steam train through the scenic mountains of West Virginia.
3. The Lost World Caverns is a popular tourist destination that features a series of underground caves and chambers to explore.
4. Hawk’s Nest State Park is home to some of the most breathtaking views in West Virginia. It’s a popular spot for hiking, picnicking, and camping.
5. The New River Gorge Bridge is the second longest single-span arch bridge in the world. It’s a popular spot for bungee jumping, rappelling, and rock climbing.
6. The West Virginia State Wildlife Center is a great place to see some of the state’s native animals up close. There are also hiking trails, a playground, and picnic areas.
7. The West Virginia State Museum is a great place to learn about the state’s history and culture. It features exhibits on the state’s natural history, Native Americans, and coal mining.
8. The West Virginia Botanic Garden is a beautiful place to stroll through gardens of native plants and flowers.
9. The Snowshoe Mountain Resort is a popular ski resort that offers visitors a chance to ski, snowboard, and tube down its slopes.
10. The Greenbrier River is a beautiful river that winds its way through the mountains of West Virginia. It’s popular for fishing, swimming, and canoeing.