Fairfield, Texas is a great place for kids and families! There are plenty of kid-friendly activities to keep everyone entertained. For starters, the town has several parks that are perfect for a picnic or a game of fetch with your four-legged friend. The parks also have playgrounds, so the kiddos can burn off some energy. If you’re looking for something a little more adventurous, Fairfield is home to a ropes course and zip line at the Adventure Park. There’s also a go-kart track and batting cages for the little ones. And, of course, no trip to Fairfield would be complete without stopping by the famous chicken-fried steak restaurant, Cattlemen’s. The food is delicious and the kids will love the cowboy-themed decor.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Fairfield, Texas
1. Visit the Triangle C Ranch for a day of horseback riding, hiking, and picnicking.
2. Drive out to Lake View Ranch for a day of fishing, swimming, and relaxing in the sun.
3. Visit the Edie and Lew Wasserman Wildlife Preserve for a day of bird watching and hiking.
4. Drive out to the Last Chance Winery for a day of wine tasting and picnicking.
5. Visit the Fairfield Museum and Visitor Center for a day of learning about the history of the area and of the city itself.
6. Drive out to the R Bar C Ranch for a day of horseback riding, hiking, and picnicking.
7. Visit the Heritage House Museum for a day of learning about the history of the area and of the city itself.
8. Drive out to the Texas State Railroad for a day of riding the train, hiking, and picnicking.
9. Visit the Fairfield Civic Center for a day of swimming, basketball, and volleyball.
10. Drive out to the Salado Sculpture Garden for a day of art appreciation and picnicking.