Evadale is a great place for kids! There are plenty of things to do to keep them busy. The city offers a variety of parks, playgrounds, and recreation areas for children to enjoy. Many of the parks have picnic areas, so you can pack a lunch and make a day of it! TheEvadale Public Library is also a great resource for children. They offer a variety of programs and activities that are sure to keep your little ones entertained. If you’re looking for something a little more active, the Evadale Recreation Center offers a variety of sports and fitness classes for kids. There’s something for everyone in Evadale!
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Evadale, Texas
1. Visit the Big Thicket National Preserve – The Big Thicket National Preserve is a great place to explore with your kids. There are hiking trails, a visitors center, and plenty of opportunities to see wildlife.
2. Take a hike at Sam Houston National Forest – Sam Houston National Forest offers over 160 miles of hiking trails to explore. There are also camping, picnicking, and fishing opportunities available.
3. Visit the Texas Zoo – The Texas Zoo is a great place to take your kids to see all sorts of animals. They also have a playground, a petting zoo, and a splash pad.
4. Go swimming at the Evadale Recreation Complex – The Evadale Recreation Complex has a great pool with a water slide, a lazy river, and a kiddie pool. There is also a playground and a splash pad.
5. Play at the Riverside Park – Riverside Park is a great place to take your kids to play. There is a playground, a sprayground, a picnic area, and a walking trail.
6. Check out the Evadale Railroad Museum – The Evadale Railroad Museum is a great place to take your kids to learn about the history of the railroad in Evadale. They have a model train display and a variety of artifacts on display.
7. Visit the Barge Canal Museum – The Barge Canal Museum is a great place to take your kids to learn about the history of the barge canal in Evadale. They have a variety of exhibits and a short film about the canal.
8. Take a ride on the Orange Blossom Special – The Orange Blossom Special is a replica of an old steam train that used to run through Evadale. You can take a ride on the train and learn about the history of the railroad in Evadale.
9. Go fishing at Gibbons Creek Reservoir – Gibbons Creek Reservoir is a great place to take your kids fishing. There is a fishing pier and a boat ramp available.
10. Visit the Evadale Texas Hill Country Winery – The Evadale Texas Hill Country Winery is a great place to take your kids to tour the facility and learn about wine making. They offer free tours and tastings.