There are plenty of kid friendly things to do in Escuintla, Guatemala! The most popular activity is probably going to the zoo, which is home to over 200 different animals. If your kids are more into adventure, they might enjoy hiking up one of the many volcanoes in the area. Or, they can explore the jungle and go waterfall jumping at Los Amates Park. For a more cultural experience, your family can visit one of the many museums in town, or take a tour of a coffee plantation. Whatever your kids are into, they’re sure to find something to enjoy in Escuintla!
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Escuintla, Guatemala
1. Visit the nearby volcano of Pacaya.
2. Wander around the town square and explore the local shops and markets.
3. Visit the nearby hot springs at Finca El Paraíso.
4. Take a city bus tour to see the main sights of Escuintla.
5. Visit the office of the Ministry of Tourism to learn more about the area.
6. Visit the local chocolate factory, ChocoMuseo, to learn about the process of making chocolate and taste some of the delicious products.
7. Take a boat tour on Lago de Amatitlán to see the surrounding volcanoes and Sierra Madre mountains.
8. Visit the botanical gardens at Parque Centenario to see the beautiful flowers and plant life.
9. Try some of the local dishes at one of the many restaurants in town.
10. Enjoy the nightlife with some live music or dancing at one of the clubs or bars.