Ermelo, South Africa, is a great destination for families with children of all ages. There are plenty of kid-friendly activities to keep everyone entertained. Visit the Maloti-Drakensberg mountains for a day of hiking and exploring. Take a scenic drive through the countryside to see the stunning landscapes. Visit one of the many game reserves and go on a safari. Head to the beach for a day of swimming, sunbathing, and sandcastle building. Visit the interesting museums and art galleries in the city. Go on a guided tour of the city to learn about the history and culture. There are also plenty of parks and playgrounds to explore. No matter what your interests are, you and your family will have a great time in Ermelo, South Africa.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Ermelo, South Africa
1. Take a hike through the enchanting forests of the Ermelo area.
2. Visit the Ermelo Dam for a peaceful picnic lunch by the water.
3. Stop by the KwaZulu-Natal National Botanical Garden to smell the flowers and learn about native plant species.
4. Head to the Drakensberg Mountains for a day of hiking and picnicking in the stunning scenery.
5. Drive out to the Kruger National Park for a safari adventure you won’t soon forget.
6. Go fishing in one of the many lakes and rivers in the area.
7. Visit the Vredefort Dome, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, for a lesson in South African history.
8. Play a round of golf at one of the beautiful courses in the area.
9. Go horseback riding through the countryside for an unforgettable experience.
10. Take a tour of the Lion Humane Society to learn about their important work rescuing lions and other big cats.