Erenhot is a city in Inner Mongolia, China. It is located in the Ordos Loop of the Yellow River. The city was established in 1571 and has a population of about 150,000 people.
There are many kid friendly things to do in Erenhot. One of the most popular is the Erenhot Dinosaur Museum. This museum has over 100 life size dinosaur models on display. The museum also offers many interactive exhibits and activities for children.
Other popular kid friendly activities in Erenhot include visiting the Erenhot Water Park, playing in the parks and playgrounds, and riding the city’s many amusement park rides.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Erenhot, China
1. Visit the singles market – This is a great place to find souvenirs and gifts for friends and family back home. The market is full of stalls selling everything from clothes to trinkets. haggling is expected, so be sure to bargain!
2. Take a walk around the ancient city walls – Erenhot’s city walls date back over 600 years and are a great way to get a feel for the city’s history. Be sure to take a camera to capture the views from the top of the walls.
3. Visit the Erdos Museum – The Erdos Museum is a great way to learn about the history and culture of the region. The museum houses a collection of artefacts and also has a number of interactive exhibits.
4. Go horse riding – Horse riding is a great way to see the countryside and is a popular activity in Erenhot. There are a number of stables in the city offering horse riding lessons and treks.
5. Play some golf – Erenhot is home to a number of golf courses, making it the perfect place to tee off. The city’s courses offer stunning views of the surrounding countryside.
6. Explore the desert – The Gobi Desert is a great place to explore on foot or by camel. Be sure to take plenty of water and food with you, and dress appropriately for the hot weather.
7. Visit the Stone Forest – The Stone Forest is a unique geological formation located just outside of Erenhot. The forest is made up of thousands of limestone pillars, some of which are over 30 meters tall.
8. Take a selfie with a yurt – The yurts in Erenhot are a popular tourist attraction, and make for a great photo opportunity! Be sure to ask the owner’s permission before taking a photo inside one of the yurts.
9. Visit the local hot springs – The hot springs in Erenhot are a great way to relax and unwind. Be sure to stick to the designated areas, and follow the posted signs and safety instructions.
10. Go sandboarding – Sandboarding is a great way to experience the desert. There are a number of sandboarding schools in Erenhot, which offer lessons and equipment rental.