There is no shortage of kid-friendly activities to do in Entroncamento, Portugal. For starters, the city is home to a large number of parks and playgrounds, perfect for an afternoon of running around and exploring. Similarly, the nearby forests and mountains offer ample opportunity for hikes, picnics, and camping trips with the family.
If you’re looking for something a little more structured, Entroncamento also has a number of museums and heritage sites that are great for kids. The Railway Museum, in particular, is a hit with youngsters, as it tells the story of the city’s rich railway history. Elsewhere, the Entroncamento Castle and the Entroncamento Aqueduct are also popular kid-friendly attractions.
Finally, no visit to Entroncamento would be complete without taking a ride on the city’s famous steam train. Departing from the railway station, the train winds its way through the scenic Portuguese countryside, giving kids (and adults!) a taste of what life was like in Entroncamento in years gone by.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Entroncamento, Portugal
1. Visit the Museu da Segurança Social to learn about the history of social security in Portugal.
2. Stroll through the town center and view the historic buildings.
3. Visit the striking Parque Joaquim de Almeida.
4. Take a ride on the Entroncamento Miniature Railway.
5. Visit the impressive Entroncamento Castelo.
6. tour the Engenho de Dentro do Bom Jesus, an old watermill.
7. Walk or bike along the Rota das Cascatas, a scenic route with several waterfalls.
8. Visit the Museu do Trem, a museum dedicated to Portugal’s railway history.
9. Take a dip in the municipal swimming pool.
10. Play a round of golf at the Entroncamento Golf Club.