There are plenty of great things for families to do in Enola, Pennsylvania! The Harrisburg Zoo is a great place to visit, and kids will love getting up close and personal with the animals. The Hershey Story Museum is perfect for those with a sweet tooth, and you can learn all about the history of chocolate while sampling some of your favorites. The National Civil War Museum is perfect for history buffs, and kids will love seeing the artifacts and learning about this important time in American history. The Pennsylvania Renaissance Faire is a must-visit for anyone looking for a little bit of medieval fun, and kids will love getting dressed up and watching the jousting and other performances. There are also plenty of parks and playgrounds in Enola, perfect for a picnic or a day of exploring and playing.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Enola, Pennsylvania
1. Hersheypark – Hersheypark is a family-friendly amusement park with more than 70 rides, live shows, and attractions, as well as waterpark and zoo.
2. Pennsylvania State Capitol – The Pennsylvania State Capitol is a historic building and the seat of government for the state of Pennsylvania. Visitors can tour the building, which features a number of interesting architectural details, or attend one of the many events held here throughout the year.
3. Harrisburg Senators Baseball – The Harrisburg Senators are the city’s Minor League Baseball team and play their home games at FNB Field. Catch a game during the season and enjoy some baseball fun with the whole family.
4. City Island – City Island is a man-made island in the Susquehanna River that is home to a number of recreational facilities, including a swimming beach, baseball fields, and a golf course.
5. Wildwood Park – Wildwood Park is a large nature park that offers hiking, fishing, and picnicking, as well as a playground and a water sprayground for kids.
6. Thebugdude Museum – This unique museum is dedicated to bugs, with exhibits on everything from bees to beetles. Kids will love learning about all the different types of insects, and they can even hold some of the live bugs in the hands-on exhibit.
7. The Harrisburg Senators Museum – This museum is located inside FNB Field and chronicles the history of the Harrisburg Senators baseball team. Kids can see old memorabilia, photos, and more, and learn about the team’s storied past.
8. The Hershey Story Museum – The Hershey Story Museum tells the history of the Hershey Chocolate Company and its founder, Milton Hershey. Kids can learn about the process of making chocolate, see old artifacts, and even make their own candy bar.
9. Market Square – Market Square is Harrisburg’s downtown pedestrian mall, and it’s a great place to take a stroll, do some shopping, or grab a bite to eat. There are also often events and performances happening in the square, so there’s always something to see and do.
10. Riverfront Park – Riverfront Park is a beautiful place to relax or take a walk, and it also has a playground, basketball courts, and a sand volleyball court.