Ellsworth, Kansas, is a great place for kids! There are plenty of things to do to keep them busy, whether it’s exploring the outdoors, visiting a museum, or playing at the park.
For those who enjoy the great outdoors, there are plenty of hiking and biking trails to explore. For those who prefer to stay indoors, the Ellsworth County Historical Museum is a great place to learn about the history of the area. And, for those who just want to have some fun, there are several parks in town with playgrounds and picnic areas.
Whatever your interests, there’s sure to be something for everyone in Ellsworth, Kansas!
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Ellsworth, Kansas
1. Ellsworth is home to the Eisenhower Presidential Library, Museum, and Boyhood Home. This complex is dedicated to preserving the legacy of President Dwight D. Eisenhower. Visitors can explore the Museum, take a tour of the Boyhood Home, or view the Presidential Library.
2. The Mid-Continent Railway Museum is located in Ellsworth. This museum is dedicated to preserving the history of the railway industry. Visitors can take a ride on a vintage train, view exhibits, or watch a film about the history of the railways.
3. The Ellsworth County Historical Museum is located in the historic courthouse. This museum houses exhibits about the history of Ellsworth County. Visitors can view artifacts, learn about the area’s history, or take a self-guided tour.
4. The Kansas Oil Museum is located in Ellsworth. This museum is dedicated to preserving the history of the oil industry. Visitors can view exhibits, watch films, or take a tour of the museum.
5. The Smoky Valley Railroad is located in Ellsworth. This railroad offers scheduled passenger trains and scenic tours. Visitors can ride the train, view the scenery, or explore the Smoky Valley Railroad Museum.
6. The Ellsworth Aquatic Center is a great place to cool off in the summer. The center features a pool, a water slide, a spray park, and a diving board.
7. The Ellsworth County Fair is held every year in Ellsworth. The fair features exhibits, rides, games, food, and entertainment.
8. The Chisholm Trail Heritage Center is located in Ellsworth. This center is dedicated to preserving the history of the Chisholm Trail. Visitors can view exhibits, watch films, or take a tour of the center.
9. The Ellsworth Zoo is located in Ellsworth. The zoo features animals from all over the world. Visitors can view the animals, take a train ride, or participate in educational programs.
10. The Dillons Shopping Center is located in Ellsworth. The center features a grocery store, a department store, a pharmacy, and a variety of shops.