Ellensburg is a great place for kids! There are tons of things to do to keep them busy. The Animal Adventure Park is a great place to start. Kids can learn all about the different animals and even get to pet some of them. There is also a playground and a picnic area so you can make a day of it. The Elks Lodge also has a great playground that is perfect for younger kids. And if the weather is nice, you can explore one of the many hiking trails in the area.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Ellensburg, Washington
1. Take a walk or bike ride through CWU’s beautiful campus – there’s even a free bike share program!
2. Visit the Ellensburg Animal Shelter to meet some adoptable furry friends.
3. Watch a movie at the Historic Lyric Theatre – they offer $5 matinees on Tuesdays and Thursdays!
4. Play at one of the city’s many parks, like Tjossem Park with its splash pad and sports fields.
5. Go fishing at Ellensburg’s Fisheries Complex – kids under 15 fish for free!
6. Learn about local history at the Kittitas County Museum.
7. Browse the shelves at the Ellensburg Public Library – they have a great selection of kids’ books.
8. Get your sweet tooth fix at one of the town’s many ice cream shops, like Sweet Shoppe.
9. Go for a swim at the Ellensburg Aquatic Center.
10.Take a scenic drive or hike up to some of the nearby waterfalls, like Canyon Creek Falls.