Elkhorn City, Kentucky is a great place for families with young children. There are many kid-friendly activities to keep your little ones busy, including:
The Elkhorn City Railroad Museum is a great place to learn about the history of the area and take a ride on a real working train.
The Elkhorn City Public Library has a special kids section with plenty of books, games, and activities to keep them entertained.
For a fun day outdoors, the Elkhorn City Park has a playground, picnic areas, and hiking trails.
The Elkhorn City Aquatic Center is a great place to cool off in the summer with a pool, slides, and a splash pad.
If you’re looking for some fun, educational activities for your kids, Elkhorn City is the perfect place to be!
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Elkhorn City, Kentucky
1. Visit the Elkhorn City Railroad Museum: The Elkhorn City Railroad Museum is a great place to visit for those interested in Kentucky’s railroad history. The museum is located in the former Elkhorn City Depot and features a variety of exhibits and displays on the history of the area’s railroads. The museum is open Wednesday through Saturday from 10:00am to 4:00pm.
2. Go fishing at Elkhorn Creek: Elkhorn Creek is a great place to fish for a variety of fish including trout, bass, and catfish. The creek is located just a short drive from downtown Elkhorn City and provides a great opportunity to get out and enjoy the beauty of the Kentucky countryside.
3. Take a hike on the Elkhorn Trail: The Elkhorn Trail is a 7-mile hiking trail that winds its way through the woods and hills of Elkhorn City. The trail offers beautiful views of the Kentucky landscape and is a great way to get some exercise and fresh air.
4. Visit the Elkhorn City Zoo: The Elkhorn City Zoo is a small, family-friendly zoo located in downtown Elkhorn City. The zoo features a variety of animals, including lions, tigers, bears, birds, and reptiles. The zoo is open daily from 10:00am to 5:00pm.
5. Play a round of golf at the Elkhorn City Country Club: The Elkhorn City Country Club is a great place to golf, with a beautiful 18-hole course that winds its way through the Kentucky countryside. The country club also features a clubhouse with a restaurant and bar, making it a great place to relax after a round of golf.
6. Go camping at the Elkhorn Lake Campground: The Elkhorn Lake Campground is a great place to camp, with a variety of sites available for tent camping and RV camping. The campground is located on the shores of Elkhorn Lake and features a variety of amenities, including shower and laundry facilities.
7. Take a scenic drive on the Elkhorn Scenic Byway: The Elkhorn Scenic Byway is a beautiful, winding road that runs for nearly 30 miles through the Kentucky countryside. The byway offers stunning views of the Elkhorn River and the surrounding countryside and is a great way to see some of Kentucky’s most beautiful scenery.
8. Visit the Elkhorn City Aquarium: The Elkhorn City Aquarium is a small, family-friendly aquarium located in downtown Elkhorn City. The aquarium features a variety of fish, reptiles, and amphibians, as well as a touch tank where visitors can get up close and personal with some of the animals.
9. Take a walk or bike ride on the Elkhorn River Trail: The Elkhorn River Trail is a beautiful, paved trail that runs for nearly 3 miles along the banks of the Elkhorn River. The trail is a great place to take a walk, go for a run, or ride a bike, and offers stunning views of the river and the Kentucky countryside.
10. Visit the Elkhorn City Market: The Elkhorn City Market is a great place to find fresh, locally-grown produce, as well as a variety of other items. The market is open every Saturday from 8:00am to 1:00pm and is located in downtown Elkhorn City.