Elizabethton is a small town in northeastern Tennessee that is full of kid-friendly activities. There is a variety of parks scattered throughout the town, such as Harmon Field and T.A. Dugger, Jr. Memorial Park, where kids can play and explore. Elizabethton is also home to the Watauga River, which is perfect for fishing, swimming, and tubing. The town has a few historical sites as well, like the Carter Mansion and the Sycamore Shoals State Historic Park, which are both perfect for a family outing. Elizabethton is a great place to raise a family or visit with young children, as there is plenty to keep them occupied.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Elizabethton, Tennessee
1. Ripley’s Aquarium of the Smokies: Ripley’s Aquarium of the Smokies is located in Gatlinburg, Tennessee and is a great place for kids to learn about and see aquatic life up close. There are over 10,000 different aquatic animals on display, as well as a variety of interactive displays and exhibits.
2. Dollywood: Dollywood is an amusement park located in Pigeon Forge, Tennessee. The park has a variety of rides, shows, and attractions, as well as a water park.
3. WonderWorks: WonderWorks is an upside down museum located in Pigeon Forge, Tennessee. The museum has over 100 interactive exhibits, as well as a ropes course and a laser tag arena.
4. Tennessee Aquarium: The Tennessee Aquarium is located in Chattanooga, Tennessee and is home to over 12,000 different animals. The aquarium has a variety of exhibits, as well as a penguin encounter and an IMAX theater.
5. Oconaluftee Indian Village: The Oconaluftee Indian Village is located in Cherokee, North Carolina and is a recreated Cherokee village. The village has a variety of homes and buildings to explore, as well as a museum and demonstrations of traditional Cherokee life.
6. Biltmore Estate: The Biltmore Estate is located in Asheville, North Carolina. The estate is home to the largest private home in the United States, as well as a winery, gardens, and a variety of shops and restaurants.
7. Ripley’s Believe It or Not! Odditorium: The Ripley’s Believe It or Not! Odditorium is located in Gatlinburg, Tennessee. The Odditorium is home to over 500 different exhibits, as well as a 4D theater and an escape room.
8. Great Smoky Mountains National Park: The Great Smoky Mountains National Park is located in Tennessee and North Carolina. The park is home to a variety of hiking trails, scenic drives, and overlooks.
9. Rock City: Rock City is located in Chattanooga, Tennessee and is home to over 400 different species of plants and flowers. The park also has a variety of sculptures and stained glass windows.
10. Gatlinburg Space Needle: The Gatlinburg Space Needle is located in Gatlinburg, Tennessee. The Space Needle is a 400-foot tall observation tower with a rotating restaurant and an observation deck.