Elíot is a town in Maine with a population of about 1,780 people. It is located in York County and is part of the Portland–South Portland–Biddeford metropolitan area. The town was established in 1636 and was once part of the Pejepscot Purchase. Elíot is home to the Eliot River, which runs through the town. There are several parks in Elíot, including Trafton Park, which has a playground, a basketball court, and a walking trail. Other kid-friendly activities in Elíot include visiting the local library, going to the movies, and bowling.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Eliot, Maine
1. Visit the S. Fernald’s Country Store and Ice Cream Stand – S. Fernald’s is a local favorite and has been in business since 1925. It’s a great place to take the kids for ice cream and candy. They also have a nice selection of gifts and souvenirs.
2. Play at the Eliot Dog Park – The Dog Park is a great place to take the kids to play with the dogs. It’s also a great place to meet other dog owners in the area.
3. Go for a Hike on the Mountain Division Trail – The Mountain Division Trail is a great place to take a hike with the kids. It’s a beautiful trail with a lot of history.
4. Visit the Fort Fulton Park – The Fort Fulton Park is a great place to take the kids to learn about the history of the area. There are also a lot of great hiking trails in the park.
5. Go to the Beach – Eliot has a lot of great beaches to choose from. They’re all great places to take the kids to play in the sand and water.
6. Visit the Ogunquit Playhouse – The Ogunquit Playhouse is a great place to take the kids to see a play. They have a lot of great shows for the whole family to enjoy.
7. Go to the Meadowbrook Orchards – The Meadowbrook Orchards is a great place to take the kids to pick apples. They also have a petting zoo and a great gift shop.
8. Go to the Maine Coastal Ecology Center – The Maine Coastal Ecology Center is a great place to take the kids to learn about the environment. They have a lot of great exhibits and programs.
9. Visit the Maine Maritime Museum – The Maine Maritime Museum is a great place to take the kids to learn about the history of the area. They have a lot of great exhibits and programs.
10. Go for a Walk on the Nubble Lighthouse Trail – The Nubble Lighthouse Trail is a great place to take a walk with the kids. It’s a beautiful trail with a lot of history.