Elim, Alaska is a delightful little town located in the heart of the state. It is a friendly community with many fun things for families to do. The main street of town has a variety of shops and businesses, and the community also has a playground, a library, and a museum. In the summer, families can enjoy hiking and camping in the nearby mountains, and in the winter, the town is a popular destination for cross-country skiing and snowmobiling. There are also many dog sledding tours available in the winter.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Elim, Alaska
1. Try your hand at gold panning in one of the many creeks in the area.
2. Visit the Ancient Beringian Exhibit at the Alaska Native Heritage Center.
3. Play amidst the flowers at the Tony Knowles Coastal Trail.
4. Explore the Angel Rocks petroglyph site.
5. Visit the Alaska Zoo and meet some of the state’s native wildlife.
6. Take a dip in the mineral-rich waters of Chena Hot Springs.
7. Visit the Santa Claus House in North Pole, Alaska.
8. Learn about subsistence lifestyle at the Alaska Native Heritage Center.
9. View the aurora borealis, or “northern lights,” from Chena Hot Springs Resort.
10. Go sledding or skiing at one of the many nearby trails.