There are plenty of kid-friendly attractions and activities to enjoy in El Charco, Colombia. For starters, the city’s main square, Plaza de Bolivar, is a great place to take a stroll, people watch, and grab a bite to eat. The nearby Gold Museum is also worth a visit, as it houses a large collection of pre-Columbian gold artifacts. Families can also spend a day at one of El Charco’s many parks, such as Parque de los Novios or Parque de Las Luces. And no trip to El Charco would be complete without a visit to the Salto del Mortiño, a series of waterfalls located just outside of town.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In El Charco, Colombia
1. Attend a fiesta – El Charco is known for its lively fiestas, which often feature traditional Colombian music and dance.
2. Take a dip in the local pool – The pool at El Charco is a great place to cool off on a hot day.
3. Visit the Museo del Oro – The Museo del Oro houses a collection of pre-Columbian gold artifacts.
4. Take a nature walk – There are several nature trails located near El Charco.
5. Go birdwatching – El Charco is home to a variety of birds, making it a great place for birdwatching.
6. visit the local market – The market in El Charco is a great place to find fresh produce and Colombian souvenirs.
7. try traditional Colombian food – El Charco is a great place to sample traditional Colombian cuisine.
8. explore the city’s colonial architecture – El Charco’s colonial architecture is some of the best in Colombia.
9. take a dance class -El Charco is home to several dance schools, making it a great place to learn how to dance the salsa or merengue.
10. attend a soccer game – Soccer is a popular sport in Colombia, and El Charco is home to several professional teams.