There are plenty of kid friendly things to do in El Cerrito, Colombia. For starters, the city is home to a number of parks and playgrounds, perfect for burning off some energy. There are also a handful of museums, including the El Cerrito Museum of Art and History, which offer educational and interactive exhibits. If your little ones are looking for some fun in the sun, head to the city’s water park, Aqualandia. And, of course, no visit to Colombia would be complete without sampling some of the delicious local cuisine. Luckily, El Cerrito has plenty of kid-friendly restaurants to choose from.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In El Cerrito, Colombia
1. Visit the Cerro de Guadalupe: The Cerro de Guadalupe is a small mountain located in the center of El Cerrito. It is a great spot for hiking and picnicking, and offers stunning views of the city and surrounding area.
2. Explore the Parque de los Niños: The Parque de los Niños is a large park located in the northwest corner of El Cerrito. It features a playground, a lake, and plenty of green space for running and playing.
3. Visit the Jardín Botánico: The Jardín Botánico is a beautiful botanical garden located in the center of El Cerrito. It is perfect for a peaceful stroll or a picnic lunch.
4. Go for a swim at the Piscina Municipal: The Piscina Municipal is a public swimming pool located in the south part of El Cerrito. It is a great place to cool off on a hot day.
5. Play tennis at the Club de Tenis: The Club de Tenis is a tennis club located in the northeast corner of El Cerrito. It is a great place to play tennis or just watch others play.
6. Visit the Museo de Arte: The Museo de Arte is a small art museum located in the center of El Cerrito. It is a great place to learn about the local art scene.
7. Purchase fresh produce at the Mercado Municipal: The Mercado Municipal is a large market located in the center of El Cerrito. It is a great place to buy fresh fruits, vegetables, and other food items.
8. Enjoy a meal at a local restaurant: There are many great restaurants located throughout El Cerrito. Whether you are looking for a quick bite or a sit-down meal, you are sure to find something to your liking.
9. Go for a walk or jog around the Parque Central: The Parque Central is a large park located in the center of El Cerrito. It is perfect for a leisurely walk or a more strenuous jog.
10. Take a tour of a local coffee farm: El Cerrito is located in the heart of Colombia’s coffee country. There are many farms located nearby where you can take a tour and learn about this important part of Colombian culture.