Looking for something fun to do with the kids in Edgewood, New Mexico? You’re in luck! There are plenty of kid-friendly activities to keep the little ones entertained. For starters, take a trip to Eagle Rock Ballooning where you can ride in a hot air balloon! If your kids are into animals, be sure to visit Wildlife West Nature Park where you can see all sorts of native animals. Or, head to the Factory Outlet Shoppes of New Mexico for some shopping and entertainment. And, of course, no trip to Edgewood would be complete without a stop at the Edgewood Creamery where you can get delicious ice cream!
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Edgewood, New Mexico
1. Visit the Edgewood Community Center. The Edgewood Community Center has a variety of activities and classes for kids of all ages. There is a gymnasium, game room, computer lab, and library. The community center also offers classes in art, dance, and martial arts.
2. Go to the Edgewood Aquatic Center. The Edgewood Aquatic Center has a large pool with a diving board, a water slide, and a kiddie pool. The aquatic center also offers swim lessons and has a snack bar.
3. Play at one of Edgewood’s parks. Edgewood has several parks with playground equipment, picnic tables, and walking trails. McAlpine Park also has a basketball court and a baseball field.
4. Attend a movie at the Edgewood Theater. The Edgewood Theater shows family-friendly movies on the weekends. Tickets are only $5 for adults and $3 for children.
5. Visit the Museum of Wildlife Art. The Museum of Wildlife Art has a variety of exhibits featuring the art and history of wildlife in New Mexico. The museum also offers classes and programs for kids.
6. Go on a hike. Edgewood is located near several hiking trails, including the Embudito Trail and the Jemez Falls Trail.
7. Have a picnic. Edgewood has several picnic areas, including one at the Edgewood Community Center.
8. Go fishing. Edgewood is located near several lakes, including Albuquerque’s Tingley Beach. fishing licenses are required for everyone over the age of 12.
9. Go stargazing.Edgewood is located in a dark sky area, which makes it perfect for stargazing. The best time to go stargazing is on a clear, moonless night.
10. Visit the Edgewood Historic Museum. The Edgewood Historic Museum has exhibits on the history of Edgewood and the surrounding area. The museum is open on weekends from 1-4pm.