If you’re looking for kid-friendly activities in Edgerton, Kansas, you won’t be disappointed. The city offers a variety of parks and recreational facilities for children of all ages to enjoy. Sherman Park is a great place to take the kids for a picnic lunch or to play on the playground. The park also has a walking trail, perfect for a morning stroll or an afternoon jog.
If your kids are into sports, Edgerton has a number of youth sports leagues. The Edgerton Recreation Commission offers flag football, basketball, and soccer for kids in grades K-6. For older kids, the Edgerton Athletic Association offers baseball, softball, and football.
If your kids are looking for a creative outlet, the Edgerton Community Center offers a variety of classes and activities. Kids can try their hand at painting, pottery, dance, and more.
No matter what your kids are into, Edgerton has something to keep them entertained. So pack a lunch, put on your walking shoes, and head to Edgerton for a fun-filled day with the kids.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Edgerton, Kansas
1. Corn Maze and Pumpkin Patch at Lewis Farms
2. Switzer Park
3. Edgerton Explorations Aquatic Center
4. Johnson County Old Settlers Celebration
5. Turner Livestock Show and Sale
6. tooker House Museum
7. SpringHill Suites by Marriott Kansas City Edgerton
8. City of Edgerton
1. Corn Maze and Pumpkin Patch at Lewis Farms- The Lewis Farm offers a 7-acre corn maze, pumpkin patch, hayrides, and more fall fun for the whole family!
2. Switzer Park- Switzer Park is a great place for kids to explore and play, with a playground, fishing pond, walking trails, and picnic shelters.
3. Edgerton Explorations Aquatic Center- The Edgerton Explorations Aquatic Center is a great place to cool off in the summer, with a large pool, slides, and a spray ground.
4. Johnson County Old Settlers Celebration- The Johnson County Old Settlers Celebration is a yearly event that celebrates the history and heritage of the county, with a parade, live music, and food vendors.
5. Turner Livestock Show and Sale- The Turner Livestock Show and Sale is a yearly event that features livestock shows, auctions, and more.
6. tooker House Museum- The tooker House Museum is a historic house museum that is open for tours.
7. SpringHill Suites by Marriott Kansas City Edgerton- The SpringHill Suites by Marriott Kansas City Edgerton is a great place to stay when visiting Edgerton, with suites that feature kitchenettes and separate living and sleeping areas.
8. City of Edgerton- The City of Edgerton offers a variety of services and facilities for residents and visitors, including a public library, parks, and a community center.
9. Ball’s- Ball’s is a family-owned business that has been serving the Edgerton community for over 50 years, with a focus on customer service and quality products.
10. Schlagel’s- Schlagel’s is a local grocery store that has been serving the Edgerton community for over 100 years.