Eau Claire is a great city for families! There are a number of kid-friendly activities to enjoy throughout the year. In the summer months, families can cool off at the Water Park or go for a swim at one of the city’s many public pools. There are also a number of parks and playgrounds to explore.
In the fall, families can enjoy the changing leaves on a hike or bike ride through one of the city’s many trails. The Eau Claire Children’s Museum is also a great place to spend a day, with a number of interactive exhibits and hands-on activities.
Wintertime in Eau Claire is a magical time! The city offers a number of sledding hills and cross-country ski trails. Families can also enjoy ice skating at the community rink or playing hockey at one of the city’s two outdoor rink locations.
Springtime in Eau Claire is a time to celebrate the return of warmer weather! Families can enjoy a picnic in one of the city’s many parks or take a scenic stroll downtown. The Eau Claire Farmers Market is also a great place to spend a Saturday morning, with a variety of local vendors selling fresh produce, baked goods, and more.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Eau Claire, Wisconsin
1. Visit the Children’s Museum of Eau Claire – The Children’s Museum of Eau Claire is a hands-on museum designed for children ages 1-12. They offer a variety of interactive exhibits and programs, including a construction zone, bubble room, water play area, and arts and crafts.
2. Take a dip in the Phoenix Park Pool – The Phoenix Park Pool is a heated, Olympic-sized public pool located in the heart of downtown Eau Claire. They offer a variety of swimming lessons and water fitness classes, as well as open swim times.
3. Rent a canoe or kayak and paddle down the Chippewa River – The Chippewa River is a beautiful, scenic river that runs through the city of Eau Claire. You can rent canoes and kayaks from a variety of local outfitters and paddle your way down the river.
4. Go for a hike or bike ride on one of the many trails in the area – There are numerous trails located in and around the city of Eau Claire, perfect for a family hike or bike ride. Some of the more popular trails include the Old Abe State Trail, the Chippewa River State Trail, and the Eau Claire Riverwalk.
5. Visit the Animals at the Eau Claire County Zoo – The Eau Claire County Zoo is home to over 150 animals, ranging from lions and tigers to monkeys and reptiles. They offer a variety of educational programs and opportunities to get up close and personal with the animals.
6. Attend a show at the State Theatre – The State Theatre is a historic theatre located in downtown Eau Claire that hosts a variety of live performances, including music, comedy, and theatre. They also offer a variety of educational programs and films.
7. Go ice skating at the Hobbs Municipal Ice Center – The Hobbs Municipal Ice Center is a public ice rink that offers open skate times, figure skating lessons, and hockey leagues. They also host a variety of special events throughout the year, such as public Skate with Santa.
8. Visit the Chippewa Valley Museum – The Chippewa Valley Museum is a local history museum that offers a variety of exhibits and programs on the history of the Chippewa Valley. They also have a research center and library with a variety of resources.
9. Play a round of miniature golf at the Fun Center – The Fun Center is a family entertainment center that offers a variety of arcade games, laser tag, miniature golf, and go-karts. They also have a snack bar and an outdoor patio area.
10. Go bowling at one of the local bowling alleys – Eau Claire has a number of local bowling alley, perfect for a family outing. Some of the more popular bowling alleys include AMF Pleasant Valley Lanes and Bowl-Winkles Family Entertainment Center.