Eaton, Indiana is home to a number of kid-friendly activities. The local library offers a variety of programs for children, including story times, puppet shows, and educational activities. The city’s parks and recreation department also offers a number of programs and activities for kids, such as sports leagues, swimming lessons, and art classes. And, for kids who love animals, the Indianapolis Zoo is just a short drive away.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Eaton, Indiana
1. Visit the Eaton Public Library. The library has a great selection of books for kids, and also offers a variety of programs and events.
2. Go to the Eaton Aquatic Center. The Aquatic Center has a zero-depth entry pool, a waterslide, and a spray pad. It’s a great place to cool off in the summer.
3.Check out the Eaton Museum. The Museum has a variety of exhibits, including a kid-friendly Dinosaur exhibit.
4. Explore the nature trails at Hopewell Park. The park has over 5 miles of trails, and is a great place to see wildlife.
5. Visit the farmers market. The market is held every Saturday morning from May-October, and is a great place to get fresh, local food.
6. Play at one of the city’s parks. Eaton has a number of parks, all with different amenities. Some have playgrounds, basketball courts, or picnic shelters.
7. Go fishing at one of the city’s ponds. There are several ponds located throughout the city, and they are all stocked with fish.
8. Take a walk or ride your bike on the Pumpkinvine Nature Trail. The trail is 12 miles long and runs through a number of scenic areas.
9. Visit the Preble County Fairgrounds. The fairgrounds are home to the Preble County Fair, and also host a number of other events throughout the year.
10. Go sledding at Camden Park. Camden Park has a sledding hill, and is also a great place to go for a walk in the winter.