There’s plenty for youngsters to do in East Montpelier! For starters, the village is home to the Central Vermont Playhouse, where kids can see all sorts of shows. Or head to the Vermontчт Museum of Natural History for some great exhibits on local wildlife. Little ones will love visiting the Hartshorn Farm and learning all about Vermont’s agricultural heritage. And don’t forget about the East Montpelier Village Day, a community celebration with games, food, and fun for all ages.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In East Montpelier, Vermont
1. Visit the Calvin Coolidge Homestead – Pay a visit to the home of the 30th President of the United States and learn about his life, times, and legacy.
2. Go for a Hike – East Montpelier is home to many beautiful hiking trails that wind through picturesque forests and offer stunning views of the surrounding countryside.
3. Go Fishing – Take advantage of the many rivers and streams in the area and go fishing for trout, bass, and other species of fish.
4. Go Berry Picking – During the summer months, many varieties of berries can be found growing wild in East Montpelier. Go on a berry picking adventure and enjoy the fruits of your labor.
5. Visit a Farm – There are many working farms in East Montpelier where you can learn about how they operate and see the animals up close.
6. Attend a Vermont State Fair – The Vermont State Fair is held annually in East Montpelier and features a wide variety of attractions, exhibits, and events.
7. Go on a hayride – Many farms in the area offer hayrides for people of all ages. This is a great way to see the countryside and get a little fresh air.
8. Visit a Covered Bridge – East Montpelier is home to several historic covered bridges. Take a leisurely walk or drive through one of these bridges and admire the engineering and craftsmanship.
9. Go Tubing – Float down a river on an inner tube and enjoy the scenic views. This is a great activity for a hot summer day.
10. Have a Picnic – East Montpelier is home to many beautiful parks and picnic areas. Spread out a blanket and enjoy a meal in the great outdoors.