There’s plenty for youngsters to do in East Brookfield, Massachusetts. For active tots, the East Brookfield Town Forest has miles of nature trails to explore. There’s also a playground and a basketball court. If your kids are into fishing, Quaboag Pond is a great spot to drop a line. More sedate activities include checking out the dinosaurs at the Stovepipe Museum and touring the historic Wyman Tavern. Don’t forget to grab a sweet treat at the Paul Addis ice cream stand!
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In East Brookfield, Massachusetts
1. Visit the Brookfield Zoo: The Brookfield Zoo is a great place to take the kids for a day of animalwatching and learning. The zoo offers a variety of exhibits, including a Gorilla Habitat, an Insectarium, and a Children’s Zoo.
2. Take a scenic hike: East Brookfield is home to plenty of scenic hiking trails, perfect for getting the kids out in nature and enjoying some fresh air. Be sure to check out the trails at Bunker Hill State Forest and Quabbin Reservoir.
3. Visit the Old Sturbridge Village: The Old Sturbridge Village is a living history museum that is great for kids of all ages. The village offers a variety of historical demonstrations and hands-on activities, making it a fun and educational place to visit.
4. Go fishing: East Brookfield is home to several ponds and lakes, perfect for a day of fishing. Kids will love trying to catch a big one, and you can cook up the day’s catch for dinner.
5. Go for a swim: Take the kids for a swim at one of East Brookfield’s many public beaches, including Crystal Lake Beach and Cedar Pond Beach.
6. Play mini golf: mini golf is a fun activity for the whole family, and East Brookfield has several great courses to choose from.
7. Visit the museum: East Brookfield is home to the Museum of Russian Icons, which is perfect for kids who are interested in history or art. The museum features a variety of Russian artifacts and icons, and offers interactive tours and workshops.
8. Go apple picking: East Brookfield is home to several apple orchards, perfect for a day of apple picking. After you’ve filled your baskets, you can bake a pie or make some applesauce with the day’s haul.
9. Take a hayride: What’s more fun than taking a hayride? East Brookfield is home to several farms that offer hayrides, perfect for a fall day.
10. Go on a scavenger hunt: East Brookfield is home to several parks and trails, perfect for a scavenger hunt. See how many different animals you can find, or try to find all of the state’s different tree species.