There are many kid friendly activities to do in East Bank, West Virginia. One activity is to go to the kids play area at the park. The park has a playground, a sprayground, and a picnic area. Another activity is to go to the library. The library has a kids section with books and games. There are also many kid friendly events that happen at the library, such as story time. another activity is to go to the animal shelter. The animal shelter has many animals that you can pet and play with. They also have a petting zoo.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In East Bank, West Virginia
1. Visit the West Virginia State Capitol Building: The Capitol Building is the perfect place to take your kids to learn about state government and the legislative process. They can also explore the beautiful architecture and artwork inside the building.
2. Attend a performance at the Charleston Municipal Auditorium: The Municipal Auditorium hosts a variety of events throughout the year, including concerts, dance recitals, and plays. This is a great opportunity to expose your kids to the arts.
3. Go on a nature hike at Kanawha State Forest: With more than 10,000 acres of forest to explore, Kanawha State Forest is a nature lover’s paradise. Kids will love hiking the trails, fishing in the stocked ponds, and picnicking in the picturesque setting.
4. Take a scenic river cruise on the Kanawha River: A river cruise is a great way to see the Kanawha Valley from a different perspective. The boats offer narrated tours that provide interesting facts about the area’s history and culture.
5. Visit the Avampato Discovery Museum: The Avampato Discovery Museum is a hands-on museum that is perfect for kids of all ages. They can explore the interactive exhibits, participate in educational programs, and even take a ride on the museum’s mini train.
6. Go horseback riding at Hawk’s Nest State Park: Hawk’s Nest State Park offers miles of trails that are perfect for horseback riding. This is a great activity for kids who love animals and the outdoors.
7. Play at one of the area’s many playgrounds: There are dozens of playgrounds scattered throughout the Kanawha Valley, so there’s sure to be one close to you. Kids can burn off some energy while exploring the various slides, swings, and monkey bars.
8. Go swimming at the Charleston Aquatic Center: The Charleston Aquatic Center is a great place to take the kids for a swim. The facility features an Olympic-sized pool, a diving well, and a water play area for small children.
9. Take a trip to the Clay Center for the Arts and Sciences: The Clay Center is a great place to take the kids to learn about science, technology, and the arts. They can explore the interactive exhibits, participate in hands-on activities, and even see a planetarium show.
10. Visit the West Virginia Zoo: The West Virginia Zoo is a great place to see a variety of animals, including tigers, lions, bears, and reptiles. Kids will love getting up close to the animals and learning about their habits and behaviors.