There are plenty of kid friendly things to do in Duxbury, Massachusetts! For starters, there’s the Duxbury Beach Park which has a playground, picnic area, and a bathhouse. The Duxbury Performing Arts Center is another great option for kids, as they can see various shows and performances. The Duxbury Free Library is also perfect for kids, as they can read, do research, and participate in various programs. Lastly, the Duxbury Rural & Historical Society is an excellent place for kids to learn about the history of the town and see various artifacts.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Duxbury, Massachusetts
1. Visit the Mayflower Society House and Museum: This historic house was once the home of Pilgrim Edward Fuller and his family. It is now a museum dedicated to the Pilgrims and their journey to the New World. Visitors can see original Pilgrim belongings, learn about the1620 Mayflower voyage, and experience what life was like for the Pilgrims in the early days of the colony.
2. Take a Walk on the beach: Duxbury beach is a beautiful place to take a walk, enjoy the view, and look for shells. The beach is also a great place to go for a swim, body surf, or build sandcastles.
3. Bike Through town: Duxbury is a great place to explore by bike. There are many scenic routes to take, and you can stop and explore the shops and restaurants along the way.
4. Play Miniature Golf: Duxbury has two great places to play mini golf, IcCadoo’s Island Golf and Pirate’s Cove Adventure Golf. Both courses are challenging and fun for all ages.
5. Visit the Gurnet Light Station: The Gurnet Light Station is a historic lighthouse located at the entrance to Plymouth harbor. Visitors can tour the lighthouse, learn about its history, and enjoy the views of Plymouth Bay.
6. Go Fishing: Duxbury is a great place to go fishing, whether you’re a beginner or an experienced angler. There are many spots along the shoreline where you can cast your line and try to catch a variety of fish.
7. Take a Hike: There are many scenic hiking trails in Duxbury, ranging from easy to challenging. Explore the natural beauty of the area and get some exercise at the same time.
8. Go Canoeing or Kayaking: Explore the waters of Duxbury by canoe or kayak. paddle through the marshes and take in the views of the wildlife and plants.
9. Play at the Park: Duxbury has several great parks, perfect for a day of play.Picnic, play on the playground, catch a game of baseball or soccer, or just take a walk and enjoy the fresh air.
10. Visit the Duxbury Rural and Historical Society: The Duxbury Rural and Historical Society is dedicated to preserving the history and culture of the town. Visitors can see historic buildings, learn about the town’s past, and see exhibits of local art and artifacts.