Dumfries, Virginia, is a great place for kids of all ages. There are plenty of things to do to keep them busy, including parks, playgrounds, museums, and more.
One of the most popular kid-friendly attractions in Dumfries is the Weems-Botts Museum. This museum is dedicated to the history of Dumfries and the surrounding area. It is a great place to learn about the area’s past and see some interesting artifacts.
Another popular attraction is the Potomac Mills Mall. This mall is a great place to shop, eat, and have fun. There are also plenty of kid-friendly activities, such as a play area and a carousel.
If you’re looking for something to do outdoors, Dumfries has plenty of parks and playgrounds to choose from. For a fun day out, you can’t go wrong with any of these kid-friendly options.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Dumfries, Virginia
1. Stroll through the Historic Dumfries Town Center: The Historic Dumfries Town Center is a great place to take a leisurely stroll, pick up a souvenir or two, and learn a bit about the town’s rich history.
2. Visit the Weems-Botts Museum: The Weems-Botts Museum is a great place to learn about the town’s history and see some interesting exhibits.
3. Go for a swim at Jettie’s Beach: Jettie’s Beach is a great spot for a refreshing swim and a picninc lunch.
4. Play a round of mini golf at Pirate’s Cove: Pirate’s Cove is a great place to challenge your friends or family to a game of mini golf.
5.Explore the runaway slave quarters at the Freedom Museum: The Freedom Museum is a great place to learn about the town’s role in the Underground Railroad and see some fascinating exhibits.
6. Take a ride on the Potomac Riverboat Company’s Riverboat: The Potomac Riverboat Company’s Riverboat is a great way to see the town from the water and learn a bit about the town’s history.
7. Go for a hike at Prince William Forest Park: Prince William Forest Park is a great place to take a hike and enjoy the beauty of nature.
8. Visit the public library: The public library is a great place to find a good book to read and learn about the town’s history.
9. Attend a performance at the Hylton Performing Arts Center: The Hylton Performing Arts Center is a great place to see a live performance and learn about the town’s arts scene.
10. Enjoy a meal at one of the town’s many great restaurants: Dumfries has many great restaurants that offer a variety of cuisines, so you’re sure to find something to your taste.