Dudley is home to many kid-friendly attractions that will keep the little ones entertained for hours on end. For starters, the Dudleys Discovery Zoo is perfect for animal lovers of all ages. Here, kids can view and learn about a variety of different species, from lions and tigers to monkeys and reptiles. Other popular attractions include the Dudley Observatory, where kids can learn all about the stars and planets, and the Old Sturbridge Village, which is a living history museum that’s perfect for learning about the past. There are also plenty of parks and playgrounds in Dudley where kids can run around and explore, and in the warmer months, the town’s public pool is a great place to cool off. No matter what your kids are into, they’re sure to find something to enjoy in Dudley.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Dudley, Massachusetts
1. Visit the Stanley Park Zoo: The Stanley Park Zoo is home to over 120 animals, including lions, tigers, bears, elephants, and more. Visitors can learn about the animals through educational talks and Feed the Zoo programs.
2. Go on a nature hike: Dudley is home to several nature trails, including the Purgatory Chasm State Reservation and the Wachusett Mountain State Reservation. Hikers can explore the woods and get up close to wildlife.
3. Visit the Dudley Observatory: The Dudley Observatory is a historic astronomical observatory that offers public telescope viewings, planetarium shows, and educational programs.
4. Play at the community playground: The Dudley community playground offers a variety of play equipment for children of all ages.
5. Go fishing: Dudley is home to several ponds and lakes, making it the perfect place to go fishing. Visitors can fish for trout, bass, and other types of fish.
6. Play golf: Dudley is home to several golf courses, including the Hickory Hill Golf Course and the Heritage Country Club. Visitors can enjoy a round of golf while taking in the scenic views.
7. Go biking: Dudley is home to several miles of biking trails, making it the perfect place to go for a ride. Visitors can bike through the woods, along the river, and past scenic views.
8. Visit the local farmers market: The Dudley farmers market offers fresh produce, baked goods, and more from local vendors. Visitors can also enjoy live music and entertainment at the market.
9. Have a picnic: Dudley is home to several parks, including the Memorial Park and the Purgatory Chasm State Reservation. Visitors can enjoy a peaceful picnic while taking in the scenic views.
10. Go canoeing or kayaking: Dudley is home to several rivers and streams, making it the perfect place to go canoeing or kayaking. Visitors can paddle through the water and get up close to wildlife.