Duchesne is an ideal place for a family vacation. The town offers a variety of kid-friendly activities, including hiking, biking, and fishing. There are also several museums and historical sites that are perfect for a family day out. And, of course, no trip to Duchesne would be complete without a visit to the famous Utah State Fair.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Duchesne, Utah
1. Visit the Utah State Pumpkin Park – Located in Duchesne, the Utah State Pumpkin Park is a great place to take the kids to see some giant pumpkins and other fall decorations. They also have a nice playground and picnic area.
2. Go to the Strawberry Reservoir – Just a short drive from Duchesne, the Strawberry Reservoir is a great place to take the kids fishing, hiking, or just to enjoy a nice day out in nature.
3. Visit the Duchesne County Museum – The Duchesne County Museum is a great place to learn about the history of the area and to see some really cool exhibits.
4. Play at the Duchesne City Park – The Duchesne City Park has a great playground, a basketball court, and a nice walking path. It’s a great place to take the kids to burn off some energy.
5. Visit the Strawberry River – The Strawberry River is a beautiful place to take a walk, have a picnic, or just enjoy the scenery.
6. Check out the Jubilee Park Zoo – The Jubilee Park Zoo is a great place to see some different animals and learn about them. They have a petting zoo area too, which the kids will love.
7. Go hiking at the Starvation Reservoir – The Starvation Reservoir is a great place to take the kids hiking. There are many different trails to choose from, so you can find one that is the perfect level of difficulty for your family.
8. Play disc golf at the Fort Duchesne Disc Golf Course – The Fort Duchesne Disc Golf Course is a great place to take the kids to play disc golf. They also have a few other activities, like a playground and a picnic area.
9. Visit the Ashley National Forest – The Ashley National Forest is a great place to take the kids to see some beautiful scenery and to hike or camp.
10. Go skiing or snowboarding at the Snow Basin Resort – The Snow Basin Resort is a great place to take the kids skiing or snowboarding. They have a variety of different trails, so you can find one that is the perfect level of difficulty for your family.